Our purpose is achieved through emphasising and imparting three key values.
A love of learning for its own sake
Nurturing skills and knowledge that drive an enthusiasm for the world beyond the classroom, and that enable us to understand and question the world in which we live. This is reflected in our commitment to academic excellence.
Using a forward-thinking approach to education in which innovative methods, spaces and resources develop a well-rounded sense of individuality and personal confidence. This is reflected in our curriculum, pupil-led initiatives and approach to learning and teaching.
A respect for difference in others and a recognition that the efforts and achievements of every individual are valued equally. This extends to an awareness of the needs of others, and a firm belief that we can all make a difference. This is reflected in our commitment to community, service and social responsibility.
Kind, curious and confident
We focus on creating an environment of kindness and inclusivity, where everyone looks out for one another, to enable pupils to flourish personally, academically and spiritually.
There are no stereotypes here – there is no Brighton ‘type’. We enjoy admitting all types of individual – and we strive to turn out pupils who are kind, confident and curious.
Our Aims and Ethos
We strive to create a family-orientated, respectful and vibrant community for all of our pupils, which will impart or provide:
- A love of learning for its own sake.
- A foundation of knowledge and body of skills with which to understand and question the world we live in and to prepare them, through an innovative approach to education, for the world which they will inhabit in the future.
- An awareness and appreciation of the spiritual dimension in our lives.
- An enthusiasm for the world beyond the classroom – in particular, sport, music and the performing arts.
- A respect for difference in others and a recognition that the efforts and achievements of every individual in our community are valued equally.
In short, we strive to turn out well-educated, respectful and intellectually curious men and women who are ready to step forward in life taking a full, active and positive role in the UAE and the wider world.